Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Holiday Home Tour 2014

Well, it's better late than never to post about our holiday home, especially since it starts to come down tomorrow... loved celebrating the Lord's birth this year, loved all the special moments and loved being in my home, and enjoying the coziness and togetherness. My style is definitely my own, part woodsy cabin, part country, part eclectic/classical. It's not perfect and certainly can look cluttered, but it's very much LIVED in and LOVED. Hope you enjoy a tour of our holiday home and tomorrow I'll post about all the Holiday happenings that took place. Happy Holidays everyone.

Outside

I added real greenery to faux garlands, and it looked great! Plus later some red mesh ribbon. I was happy with the outside decor. Will post pics of finished product if I remember to take some.

Same with the wreath and  a giant red matching bow.

Main Floor Entrance

Right by the front door is this little display and underneath is a basket full of slippers for guests.

Entry way

Entryway with view of living room - flash

Close up, no flash

Past the tree is my angel collection on the sideboard.

I eventually removed the lower feathers, Here's a closeup.

View from hallway.


In this pic you can really see the dried hydrangeas I painted gold.

Hallway to bedrooms. I forgot to take pics of the kids rooms
 - they each have mini trees we use as night lights through the holidays.
 Master Bedroom


I carried the feather theme through this room I apologize for the messy bed.

 Bathroom

This thrift store find is a great lamp to use through Jan.6th.

Another view of the tree.

Another thrift store find (mother and child)

Poinsettia's really add some drama.

Grouping of cone trees in window.


A little DIY sign.

Loved this countdown snowman.




The Basement - AKA Party Room

Nativity set on stairway shelf.

At the bottom of the stairs.

Another thrift store find. It tells the Christmas story with songs.
View of sitting area.


The 6 foot tree sat on a dining room table with the village underneath.
I loved the look of the hydrangeas painted red on this tree.

Full room view

Before adding lights.
I actually really enjoyed the multi-coloured lights.


Stuffy tree



Revamped chandelier.

Friends on top of the fridge

From pinterest.



The Loft - Main Living Area
Hangs in the hall going upstairs.

Loved the look of my pinecone garland.

Did not love the look of this wall hanging over the stairs.
Will try again next year.

I didn't mind these mini versions,...
But preferred them without the greenery.


Vignette at top of stairs. The blue sign got plopped there, and then never moved. Woops


Another DIY candle arrangement.

My Nativity Set.

Top of Woodland Tree.




`


My nutcracker collection moved a few times, til it found a home in the curio cabinet.



Family Room


 


Loved the querky look of the antler on the wall.



Kitchen

Kitchy Christmas Photos...

One of our first nativity sets.

Mantel...
Christmas cards on the message board.

Mistletoe over the table.

Wine cart.

Hot Chocolate Bar

Kitchen Window


Guest Room
Tin garland.

So cute, the boys kept asking if they could sleep in here.



Bathroom




No comments:

Search This Blog