Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Yes


2014 is barely begun. Outside my window a winter freeze is blustering with a fury, and I am hunkered down with a tea and a lit candle gently glowing. One boys is playing in the snow, 2 boys are are reading hoping to have some time on the xbox later... and the baby is napping- for a brief moment it is quiet here. My heart is not completely quiet though.

Christmas is packed up and put away, the house is back in order, laundry and "home love" is under control...in the quiet, I start to think...maybe this year...

Maybe this year, I'll finally lose the weight that has haunted me since 1999.

Maybe this year, I'll get the chaos of pictures under control in the office.

Maybe this year, I'll memorize something grand like the book of Romans, or a passage from the Odyssey or from Othello.

Maybe this year, I'll write that book, or do something...anything significant...

The expectation is overwhelming...

This I know, I cannot fulfill this list on my own. Impossible.

But this I know more, GRACE. 

The sufficiency of that five letter word, is so simple, it overtakes everything you put in it's path. 

I have decided to pick a word for this year, to sum up what lies ahead...the great unknown. Perhaps some faith is required. 

The word makes my heart start to race...

So I can only get to it, by going through GRACE first. 

The word is YES.

adverb \ˈyes\

I am so used to having to say no... no to my kids, no to myself, no, no, no.

This is the year of YES. It all started a month or so ago when I watched this...



...and I felt something shift inside me... the road less traveled was whispering my name.

The one who said YES to the cross in my place, is whispering my name at every corner. 

Of course ever since then, I seem to encounter it everywhere...in conversations, on the radio, things I read, blogs, Television... Yes universe, I am listening...

and by grace...my answer is YES.





No comments:

Search This Blog