Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Our Thanksgiving Table

Since it's technically still October, I then believe I can still post this "Thanksgiving/ Harvesty" post on what my Thanksgiving table looked like. I was super happy with how it turned out, and it was a great celebration of the goodness of God and our many blessings!

Mini Thanksgiving List 2013

My hubby, he is the best.
My kiddos, and especially having a baby girl around.
Homeschooling - and our new Classical Conversations Curriculum! love it - thanks LJ for the referral.
My home, though it needs many a repair, I am thankful we have it, that we have the rooms to rent out and host guests in. It is our little haven, and I'm so thankful for it.
A fruitful garden this year, and friends with a shared passion for organic foods/ homesteading and canning/ preserving.
Authentic, fun, challenging, divinely given friends to share all the seasons of life with.
Peace in the midst of the storm.
A song to sing for every situation.
So many happy memories over the past year, and the last 20 too.
Soup.
Youtube and Netflix.
Yoga Pants and green smoothies.
New journals and empty idea books and a new pen.
New followers on my blog who leave comments :)

Our Table
I decided to do up a large "centerpiece" at one end of the long table and have it "trail down" the rest of the table. I used all florals and greenery from my yard (and possibly my neighbors yard!
The goal was a "free centerpiece" - it was acheived. I added in the pumpkins which had been pink, spray painted them gold - added real and fake fruit from around house to an old cornucopia basket and an elevated glass bowl and presto!...free fall beauty.
Additional View
I knew the grown ups would want candy too!

Place card was a leaf shaped sugar cookie with nutmeg and cinnamon.
I used cardstock with chalk and tied together with twine.
Changed out JT's blinged branches with leaves for the pink birds which we used for the bday
party a few weeks before. Added in my turkey and voila, mantle done.
Kids table - personalized pie plates with goodies.
Plush Mr. Turkey had a couple of candy cornucopia's for fun.
Mmmm...Dessert Table - pumpkin Pie!

Thumbs up means it was a success to me!
Thanks for reading today, how did/will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year?

No comments:

Search This Blog