Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Ist Birthday and Dedication

I love to throw a good party... you know, with a theme and lot's of details. Beautiful decor and really really good food. For a long time I felt like I needed a reason to do this for others, for bridal or wedding showers, for work or church events. I felt like I needed to justify all the effort, not just for myself or my little family. However in the most recent years, not having a specific church or work family to party plan for and I also realized that if I can't put that effort into celebrating my own little family, I really shouldn't be doing it for others...

So we pulled out all the stops to celebrate our Baby Girl's 1st Birthday and dedication ceremony.

Scrumptious dessert table...all sorts of decor was borrowed from bestie JT of course (keeps the costs down) and the heirloom quilt was dear hubby's grandma's - perfect for the pink baby girl party.
Mason Jar Ring Pumpkin
Pink Harvest Theme with Diamonds and Bird Houses
Perfect opportunity to display the baby books and a year of photos. 
Painted pink pumpkins and pearls...
The birthday girl checking out her balloons in her pj's with Grandma before the party starts.

Menu: Harvest Soup, Split Pea Soup and Beef Stew
  
Pretty in her party dress.
With Grandpa and Nana
Dedication
Great grandma reading a scripture verse
Everyone shared a verse
Including big brother
And Geema
Mom and Dad read a letter written for your first birthday.
Surrounded in prayer
Great Grandma, Aunties and Mama in front of the Photo Wall
Cupcake!


Presents!



Baby Jar Jelly Bean Favours
Thank you to all the friends and family who were able to celebrate with us! A birthday on September 30th is the perfect way to kick off celebrating Fall each year, looking forward to it :)


No comments:

Search This Blog