Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

What I've Been Reading in 2013



Reimagining Church...Frank Viola
      I loved this book. I've read it more than once and bought a second copy to lend out so I could keep mine as I refer to it so often.
The Forgotten Women of the Bible....Carolyn Custis James
     A friend of mine introduced me to this author and I've become a fan. I love her encouragement for women to study theology - the knowledge of God. I borrowed the rest of her books so I could dig into the scriptures. I found it really compliments the viewpoint that Frank Viola has of the role of men and women in the  church and in the scope of history.
The Core...Leah A Bortins
    I borrowed this and then bought my own. A great resource for the classical approach to homeschooling which I hope to incorporate into our studies.
The Backyard Homestead...Carleen Madigan
   Another great resource for the garden and organic living.
A Love That Multiplies...Michelle & JimBob Duggar
    Whichever way you view the Duggar Family's approach to family life, they have a successful track record and their views/ suggestions are worth consideration.
Half the Church...James
   I'm not quite finished this one, but again I love James' approach.
Irrisistable Revolution...Shane Claibourne
   Probably my third read, I read it again for our book club. Always inspiring, I find there's always something different for me to consider in social justice.
From Eternity to Here...Frank Viola
   Again, for the book club, I read this one which is easily among my top 5 favourites. 

The Untold Story of the New Testament Church...Viola
   I'm also not all the way through this one because it's actually more of a study guide for reading the New Testament in chronological order.
Jesus a Theocracy...Viola
  This one is a very deep read, it's been a slow go.
Riven...Jerry B Jenkin
  One of my fiction selections. I really enjoyed this portrayal of God's faithful pursuit of His beloved.
Bloodline...James Rollins
  I enjoyed Rollins latest release even though it was a "vampire" story.
The Lost Years...Mary Higgins Clark
  Clark's books are like movies for me, a nice way to relax for an afternoon. Definitely a whodunnit book.
Winter of the World...Ken Follet
   I'm such a history fan, love "living books" like this.
Mary Pride's Complete Guide to Getting Started in Homeschooling...
  Another great resource. Even though I'm not "getting started", I found so much new resouce material for our family.
Revise Us Again....Viola
  Love his tongue in cheek observations on the Christian Subculture.


Next On the Docket
Roaring Lambs...Bob Briner
The Alchemist...Paulo Coelho
When Life & Beliefs Collide...James
The Gospel of Ruth...James
The Key to your Child's Heart...Gary Smalley
Hind's Feet on High Places...Hannah Hurnard
Emma...Jane Austen
The Guests of War Triology...Kit Pearson
Last Child in the Woods...Richard Louv
Wheat Belly...William Davis

After That

When the Church Was a Family...Joseph H Hellerman
Jesus Manifesto...Frank Viola & Leonard Sweet
God's Favourite Place on Earth...Frank Viola
Same Kind of Different as Me... Ron Hall and Denver Moore's
Educating the Whole Hearted Child...Clay Sally Clarkson
The Way they Learn...Cynthia Tobias




No comments:

Search This Blog