Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy at Home



This past Sunday, which was Mother's day, I was rushing through Walmart on my way to lunch at my sisters place. I bumped into one of my hubby's cousins and she paid me a very high compliment, which I've thought about quite a bit since then. She said that she has been reading along via Facebook, etc on my life journey for awhile now, and that I really "seem to enjoy being a stay at home (and homeschooling mom). I told her I really do, and I've thought about it more since then. I really enjoy my life. I mean I've always made the most of whatever season I've been in. I loved so much of the experiences in my high school years. I loved the college years and I especially loved travelling and mentoring students in my twenties. I loved working in music and the creative arts, I have loved so many of the people who shared those years with me.


I can honestly say this though, I LOVE my life right now, probably the most. Oh yes, there are days that are the stuff of bad dreams, and there have been many frustrations and disappointments here and there, but really... I love being home with my boys and my baby girl. I love being the one to teach them, to share the moments that fill our days and to be the one my hubby comes home to. I have enjoyed learning about making our home a happy and peaceful one, a haven. A place where beauty is common and where our family is at rest and friends are always welcome. I would like to learn to infuse it with more joy, and to make it a place where wisdom flourishes. I am happiest when I hear laughter ringing in the halls and music in the rooms. Where the smells of good food lure people to a bright and vibrant kitchen and where people leave our home inspired and having encountered the Holy One in one way or another.

Homeschooling has given me the "excuse" to have books on display in every room. To have the tools and instruments for learning out in the open and put to good use. I love our relaxed daily schedule for housework, homework and soul work... and that I get to go outside with the kids everyday. To work in my garden, to have the baby nap in the cradle in the afternoon breeze (well not this week) but last week and in the months to come. I love that friends come and go, and we can go visiting without having to worry about the bus or school schedule and that if daddy takes a day off, so can we...

There was a day not so long ago, maybe a couple years ago, when I was not at peace like now. When I was harried and trying to "do it all" and struggling in it. I still have many moments when I feel like life is too good to be true, and that I'll have to give it up soon and go back to the grind I lived before...only to realize that I don't! Praise God~!

My heart is full of gratitude that the Lord has provided for us to live this way and that He continues to supply for our every need. I am so blessed with a supportive husband who loves us, loves to be with us and helps me make the most of our days together. I hope that I will someday fulfill the role outlined in Proverbs 31 for my family, I am trusting God to complete the work in me, but until then, I really am enjoying the journey and feel like the most blessed woman alive.



No comments:

Search This Blog