Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Why I haven't Posted much in June...

I know this.

Several times this past month, I would sit down to write a post, and nothing, absolutely nothing would come to mind.

Now here we are at the end of this month, and I uploaded the June pics from my camera. I figured out why nothing came to mind....

I was pooped.  Just plain pooped!

There were 250 pics of things we did, from just the month of June. Whew!

Here's the gist of it...

We finished our first year of home schooling! Yay!
To see more details on what that included, check out my blog at the Heaslip Homestead.



Here's a pic of the flowers in one of the boxes on my balcony. 
I will post more about our gardens soon.

On Father's Day, daddy took Lucas to his first MLB game. The Toronto Blue Jays. He was especially excited since they took the go train to get to Toronto. The younger two boys cannot wait until they turn 8 to go to their first game!


 

While they were there, the younger two boys and I celebrated Father's Day with their grandpa Jim by going to Safari Niagara and getting ice cream at the Dairy Bar. 


 


They were pretty pumped about trying out the bungee-trampoline ride.

 

We were all excited to spend a whole weekend with grandpa to ourselves.


Then  we had a bunch of random outings...


 Here's a pic of Carter and his best bud at Port Dalhousie.

 We went to a couple BBQ's at my sisters - where of course we had water balloon fights.


 

We hosted a bonfire for a bunch of friends.

 


mmm, smores!

 

Christy, our student from China had her prom. Jodi took the pics, and then her family stayed for a yummy Paella Dinner and we laughed well into the night!


We went to the Drive In with friends to see Madagascar 3 and Snow White and the Huntsman.



I hosted a giant baby shower with my other sisters for my sister Stephanie. A post all about that will be coming soon too.

 I took the boys to Niagara-on-the-Lake, where they enjoyed the giant fountain.


We watched Nick Wallenda's historic walk over the falls on TV, it was way too crowded to brave going the 15 minutes up the road. But my BFF Jodi however had a press pass and got these amazing shots!





Then, Christy had her graduation from highschool. We are trying to work up our courage to say goodbye to her after having her live with us for 10 months. Our gift to her was a memory album of our year. She cried. I cried. That was 2 days ago. She leaves tomorrow... I feel waterworks a coming.

 

Add to that:
+ a bunch of swims and visits with friends 
+ a funeral
+ birthday, poker and summer parties
+ a charity event called Raid my Closet
+ Midwives appointments 
+ veterinarian appointments
+ pickups at the Organic Farm
+ fruit picking 
+ home renos
+ hosting a dinner for Christy's parents visiting from Macau
+ maintaining the homestead


=  ONE TIRED MAMA!!! (no wonder my feet are swollen)


If you don't see another post for awhile.... now you know why 


Lot's of love,


Tammara 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm tired just reading this! Get some rest, you deserve it!!

Search This Blog