Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What I read in April

Here's what I read in April...

I  already wrote here about my foray into these two

Rilla of Ingleside by LM Montgomery

Bonsai Conspiracy by Paul Anderson Walsh

I took a day to read  the latest Mary Higgins Clark paperback


I'll Walk Alone
    I've said it before, I like reading fiction, at least a couple books a month, it keeps my reading speed up. If I spend all my time in non-fiction, it's slow going. I liked this book, it was full of twists and turns and an unexpected ending.


Then I finished the Hunger Games Trilogy with



Mockingjay
    I'd been given mixed reviews on this from friends. Those who didn't like it, probably wanted a different "romantic" ending, but I kind of liked it. I like books that make me think even after I've finished it. This was one of those books. It made me reflect on our society today and where we're headed in North America, how similar we are to Rome, etc. Very interesting (especially on the heels of  reading Rilla of Ingleside (WWI) and the Story of the World - The Fall of Rome in our history lessons.

I read



For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
Which i love the refresher on the teachings of Charlotte Mason who I think was a genius, far ahead of her time.

Then I read this doozy


Also interesting following the Story of the World and the role of Babylon through history and the Bible. Lot's of intersting factoids.

I finished out the month with

I like to review this one every once and while to help me make the most of each season. This spring I'm inspired to try finally learn how to sew and to make nature notebooks with the kids. :)

It was a great month for reading!

Just arrived via UPS (eee!)




No comments:

Search This Blog