Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What I read in 2011


Those who have read my blog regularly know I lovereading books. Here's a list of the books I read in 2011. I enjoyed most of them simply because I learned something with each one. Some I definitely learned more, some I will read again and again. Some I actually read more than once this year. I am always open to book recommendations so keep them coming please :)


Also I am linking up at Nesters site for Reading List Shares - I feel more books being added to my list for 2012...yikes

Tam's Top 5 (Based on the fact that I learned the most, read more than once or simply is timely based on where we are in our life's journey)

*Irresistible Revolution - Shane Claiborne

*Pagan Christianity- Frank Viola & George Barna

*The Bonsai Conspiracy – Paul Anderson-Walsh

*From Eternity to Here - Frank Viola

*One Thousand Gifts - Ann Voskamp

Honourable Mention goes to:

*The Well Trained Mind – Wise-Bauer

*Boys Adrift - Leonard Sax


Books I read cover to cover (the ones with stars I recommend)

Developing the Leader Within -John Maxwell

Motherhood the Guilt that Keeps on Giving - Julie Ann Barnhill

The Girl…books – Steig Larsson

*Irresistible Revolution - Shane Claiborne

*Pagan Christianity- Frank Viola &George Barna

Blue Like Jazz – Donald Miller

Love Wins – Rob Bell

And the Shofar Blew – Francine Rivers

*The Bonsai Conspiracy – Paul Anderson-Walsh

A New Kind of Christianity – Brian D McLaren

Chazown – Craig Groeschel

Weird – Craig Groeschel

The Organic Church – Neil Cole

*The Well Trained Mind – Wise-Bauer

Billy - William Paul McKay and Ken Abraham

Homeschooling Companion

Crazy Love – Francis Chan

Revolution – George Barna

A Charlotte Mason Companion

Large Family Logistics

Homewarming – Emilie Barnes

Driven By Eternity - John Bevere

Coaching Your Kids to Be Leaders

Finding Organic Church – Frank Viola

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe - CS Lewis

Inside My Heart - Robin McGraw

*From Eternity to Here - Frank Viola

*Boys Adrift - Leonard Sax

For the Children's Sake - Susan Schaeffer Macaulay

*One Thousand Gifts - Ann Voskamp

The Rhythm of Family - Amanda Blake Soule

Map of Bones; Ice Hunt; Excavation - James Rollins Books

Christmas in my Heart and Home - Robin McGraw

Celebrating Advent - Ann Hibbard

The Traditions of Christmas - Nancy J Skarmeas

Currently Reading

*Slow Death by Rubber Duck - Rick Smith & Bruce Lourie

The Beloved Disciple - Beth Moore

The Bourne Dominion - Eric Van Lustbader




Books I check in on Every Year

Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery

Bringing Up Boys - Dr. James Dobson

Simple Abundance - Sarah Ban Breathnach

Grace Based Parenting - Tim Kimmel


Possibilities for 2012 (Ambitious I know... I can't help it)

Just As I Am – Billy Graham
The Strong Willed Child - Dr. James Dobson
The Power of a Whisper – Bill Hybels
The 22 Non-Negotiable Laws of Wellness
The Book of Negroes - Lawrence Hill
Choosing to See – Mary Beth Chapman
Love Revolution – Joyce Meyer
King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table - Roger Lancelyn Green
My Hearts Cry - Anne Graham Lotz
The Power of Respect - Deborah Norville
Free - the Future of a Radical Price - Chris Anderson
Pursuing More of Jesus - Anne Graham Lotz
The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
Organic Disciplemaking - Dennis McCallum
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
While Europe Slept - Bruce Bawer
Einstein - Walter Isaacson
Prisoner in the Third Cell-Gene Edwards
Green - Ted Dekker
A Briefer History of Time Stephen Hawking
A Short History of Everything - Bill Bryson
Infidel - Ayaan Hisi Ali
Tides of War - Steven Pressfield
Gates of Fire - Steven Pressfield
Same Kind of Different as Me - Ron Hall
A Generous Orthodoxy - Brian McLaren
Spiritual Slavery to Sonship - Jack Frost
Becoming A True Sp. Community - Larry Crabb
The Pursuit of God – A W Tozer
The Works of Charles Dickens
Water for Elephants
The Help
Hunger Games Trilogy


8 comments:

Krissa said...

Wow...that's quite a list! You'll love The Hunger Games trilogy. I love seeing what other people are reading and getting good recommendations so thanks!

Unknown said...

I loved Pagan Christianity!! Also, I reread Ann(with an)e almost every year...tried it with my daughter, who just looked up at me with her 3 year old eyes and looked confused. :) Love your list, can't wait to read some of these!

Alene said...

If you loved Irresistible Revolution you should read INterrupted by Jen Hatmaker and The Cause Within You by Matthew Barnett. They will rock your world! Working on my list now. Blessings.

Unknown said...

Great lists! I also loved One Thousands Gifts. And I thoroughly enjoyed Same Kind of Different as Me and The Help - those definitely made it in the top books that I read this year.

Tammara said...

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely add them :)

Unknown said...

Wow! That's quite a list. I loved The Tipping Point and Blink. Enjoy reading into the new year.

Unknown said...

Hi Tammara

Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for following my little blog project at New House New Home New Life. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Amy said...

Coaching Your Kids to be Leaders sounds interesting! Enjoyed reading your list!

Amy @ Missional Mama

Search This Blog