Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Fully Enjoying the Season - Day 11 - Football and Fun



Week 2 Autumn Traditions

Day 11 Football and Other Fun Fall Stuff To Do

My husband goes through spurts. His is a lifelong Bills Fan, but they are an up and down team, so sometimes his football interests are on high, and sometimes they are non-existant. I kind of like it when he's interested, just because I love football in the fall. I was a cheerleader in high school and developed a love for watching live games. Not so much on TV, but definitely live.

In Canada, it's not as big a deal as south of the border, but sometimes I wish it was. I love how it pulls people together. I love the big fields, the big lights, the marching bands and cheer squads...

It's hard to believe that it's been almost 20 years since I was on a cheer team. I loved being 16. It was a good age for me. I spent most of the summer in Greece with my dad. I was in the school musical, I had lots of friends both at church and in youth group. I had a car and a job to pay for the gas... and the perfect summer job at a camp. It was idyllic. Football reminds me of that.

Though I wouldn't trade what I have now for even a moment of that. That was good. This is better. I love discovering fall with my kids. I love watching my nephew get his first touchdown, via youtube... but i still love it, and hearing my sister yelling like a crazy football mom in the background. Love it!


I also love tailgating. Definitely a blast. Someday we'll do it the best way - the American way - as a family. Until then, I live vicariously through my hubby's exploits with his buddies (though they haven't gone for a couple of years now). Great fun, great food, great past time. I also think it's great fun to have inter-generational touch football games even in the back yard. There's something so fun about an easy competition after dinner.

Maybe football is not your thing, but there are so many other fun things to do in the fall. Here's a list of 10 that are relatively easy or if not easy, they're different. As in not on your regular list of things to do...

1. Attend a school football game.

2. Visit a corn maze. Go on a hayride.

3. Take a hunters safety course and go hunting or take up archery.

4. Play in a pile of leaves.

5. Make a gravestone rubbing. Visit a historical site.

6. Tell a ghost story or Play a murder mystery game. Plan a fun filled trick with friends.

7. Write a note to a friend that is far away or write a thank you note to someone who has helped you.

8. Get your community's events list for the fall and attend an event.

9. Go pumpkin picking and then carve one.

10. Learn how to make a favorite family recipe.


Anyways, follow your heart do something you do annually or try something new. Just get out there and enjoy the fall!

Tammara



No comments:

Search This Blog