Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fully Enjoying the Seaon Day 25


Week Four - Christmas Bliss
Day 25 Inspirational Reads to get into the Spirit

I keep all my Christmas Books in one area of our office/library and a few magazines I love. I pulled them out today, as I usually pull them out just before Halloween to get me in the swing of things before starting in on my Holiday Planner on Nov. 1st.

Since that is NEXT WEEK - good lord - this is all perfectly timed.

So here's a few of the books that serve as inspirational for me...

Tammara's Collection of Christmas Inspirational Books

They are in categories - I have a problem I know...

Inspirational
History of Traditions/ Memory Books
Children's/ Family Activity Books
Advent Books
Decoration Only
Organizational Ideas
Recipe/ Cook Books I've saved these for another post.

Inspirational
This is the newest addition to my collection. I found it at Book Depot in the discount bin at the Summer Box Sale. It was a dollar I think. Score. I love Robin McGraw and I love her style and authenticity even if it's not really like mine :) and I share her committment to God and Family.



I love Ideals, I have about 2 from each season/holiday that I've collected from discount stores and garage sales. I don't need more, these work from year to year. They are old, but I love them. Poetry and stories and such...


This collection would not be complete without a Mary Englebreit Book or two.


Or Susan Branch.

History/ Traditions and Memory Books

I started with this one when we got married.

Then we started this one a couple years ago when the other one filled up.



I really like this one that I came across on someones blog, but they didn't mention where they got it from...



Children's/ Family Activity Books

Usbourne Books - Awesome Resource! and some other great discount finds...


Advent Books

Organization Books

I posted about this first one here. The second two I just leave in the bathroom for a couple weeks and peruse the points to see if there's anything I'd like to adjust. I find that things change the older my kids get and my priorities in organizing change so it's good to refresh every now and then.



Decorating Idea Books
I talked about this magazine a few weeks ago.

and I fell in love with Mary Norden's ideas a few years ago in this book.


Anyways, I LOVE books, so I'm inspired by these. If you are overwhelmed, no worries. Do what works for you, just get inspired to create some Christmas Bliss this year!

Tammara


No comments:

Search This Blog