Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Citrus Chicken with Rice and Buttery Green Beans

I don't consider myself a food blogger, however, I do seriously enjoy cooking and I rarely ever use a recipe and even when I do, I usually alter it so much I can only honestly say i was "inspired" by it. My method is to open the fridge and pantry doors, look at what I have that is either a) on the side of almost past due or about to rot; b) in excess (usually due to a sale) and add it to what I imagine it would taste good with. My dad taught me this method and it has honestly rarely ever let me down. Then I usually either check out my collection of cookbooks or Google it, look for a basic how to (so as I don't over/undercook it) and then close the book/ page, and begin.

I'd like to start out by saying that I have no idea how Pioneer Woman does this unless she has someone helping her. It is very difficult to take pics while cooking and it takes much longer to just get the meal finished. I followed her primer from here and maybe it just takes practice. Anyways, here's my humble PW attempt:

Citrus Chicken with Rice and Buttery Green Beans
I had an abundance of leftover clementines from Christmas that were all rough on the outside but soft and sweet on the inside, and I had chicken breasts in the freezer...


I peeled the clementines.

I put them in the blender.
I blended them. (about 1 cup of juice/pulp)

I added about 3 garlic cloves that I pressed with my Pampered Chef garlic press.

I love my garlic press. She is my favourite kitchen gadget.

I added about 2-3 tbsp ground ginger. Fresh grated woud have been better. (just sayin)

added about 1 tbsp soy sauce.

I roughly chopped 2 green peppers and I medium onion.

i put them into my Pampered Chef rectangle stone (I only roast with stones)
with the thawed chicken breasts.

I melted half a cup of butter.

I added it to the clementine mixture in the blender.

I opened a can of pineapple slices.

I poured the pineapple juice in the mixture in the blender.

I blended it.

I put the pineapple slices on top of the chicken and veggies and then
sprinkled with salt and pepper.

I poured the mixture over the pan.

I baked in a 350° oven for 40 mins.
Then i used cornstarch to save time thickening the sauce,
but you can use flour too.

Served over rice of your choice with green beans. Yummy!

Let me know what you think. Y t

No comments:

Search This Blog