Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Favourite Things - FOTF


I have another favourite that I just had to mention today. It's the Focus on the Family Organization. When I was a kid my mom used to listen to Dr. Dobson - and we got the kids magazines that they produced. It was very useful and meaningful information for us as a Christian family - especially with one parent who was not serving God.

Since getting married and starting my own family, I cannot count how many times i have been blessed by the materials and services offered by Focus on the Family In the early years of marriage we attended marriage seminars hosted by them, and I read several books on relationships - one that was extremely helpful was Dr. Dobsons book "101 Questions and Answers on Sex". I've also read the 101 questions about parenting as well as countless others. I often reference many of the marriage references time and again as I continue to learn how to love my husband unconditionally and meet his needs. Shortly after having our first son, I attended a bible study with some moms on Bringing Up Boys, and then later, after reading about it in the monthly magazine/newsletter - Dr. Kimmel's Books - Grace Based Parenting and Raising Kids for True Greatness - both of them life changing.

Last December they launched a new bi-monthly magazine called Thriving Family and I have devoured each issue. I've loved each issue, each testimony, helpful hint, etc. It's such a good magazine. I believe that every believer who is endeavoring to have a healthy family really needs to avail themselves of everything this organization has to offer, I'd go as far as to say, I believe that its necessary.

Nobody has ever before asked the nuclear family to live all by itself in a box the way we do. With no relatives, no support, we've put it in an impossible situation. ~Margaret Mead

God has provided us with this incredible group of people whose passion is for families to thrive, they have been and continue to be a real support and blessing to me and my family and I believe to everyone who opens their hearts and homes to them.

No comments:

Search This Blog