Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rain

It rained all day today, and I loved it!

Everyday I find I have the option to embrace the negative things that try to hinder my happiness, slow traffic, being late, dirty diapers on the way out the door, unexpected expenses...the list goes on and on. Or, I can continue to look through the malestrom and find the abundance that is waiting to rain down on me. In every setback, I've always had everything work out in the long run. I don't know why I get caught up in fretting over things not going easily or perfectly according to plan, because usually, they work out to be even better than my plan!

Earlier today, while folding laundry, I was thinking how grateful I am to have a family to fold laundry for. That I have small boys who need me, and that I've been blessed with a family to nurture and abide with. It just makes it so much easier to do the things that we do day after day after day, when our hearts are full. Now if only I could apply this principle to cleaning the bathroom!

As eager as I am to have this baby, I'm more eager to have everything come together at the house first. So that we can embrace his arrival as an event on it's own and really just fully revel in the wonder of it. And then after that, to fully enjoy the advent of the holiday season as a family without any other distractions. To really enjoy the celebration of the Prince of Peace, by having a season of peace at home. mmm. I love rainy days.

No comments:

Search This Blog