Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Evertything Autumnal







I didn't post this one when I wanted to, but my favourite season is the fall, the last mad burst of colours everywhere, the crisp air, the football games, the trips to farms, the yard work, the yummy comfort foods, the sweaters, slippers and blankets, the early nights and the wind and rain. It's just perfect. Every year we find something new to do to experience the season as fully as possible. When we first married, Chris and I would travel to the Allegheny Mountains in the States - the colours are fabulous. We've spent a weekend in a log cabin, we've visited pumpkin farms, apple cider mills, gone on hayrides, had ample fires in the back yard. Chris has his annual tailgating parties at Buffalo Bills games. We've hosted harvest parties and gone on leaf hunts with the boys... as they get older we're looking forward to reliving many of these memories over and over.

I mean we try to do special things in each season, but it seems like the fall is something we just so fully enjoy - neither Chris nor I are hot weather people, so the fall is perfect, followed by winter (but more on that at a later time). I love making soups and baking, I love my crock pot and roasts, stews and chile - and of course fresh bread. So as it seems to be quickly drawing to a close (sigh) - due to the unseasonably long summer... cheers to everything autumnal!

No comments:

Search This Blog